Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Useless things I have learned at work

Disclaimer: DO NOT try this first one at home. I will not be responsible.


My coworker showed me how to make a stun gun or defibrillator out of a disposable camera. NO..I will not tell you exactly how to do it, but it is cool. We DID NOT test it out but he knows it works. We did try very hard to get the West Central Wireless guy to be our test dummy, but he wouldn't go for it. Imagine that!

I have learned how to chase birds out of the store. You cannot just scare them out. We did try shooting rubber bands at them, but that just chases them further into the store. So I used a raisin and put it by the door and the damn bird swooped down to get it and then we shewed it out the door. Another time I tried a wheat thin, but we finally got it out before it took the bait. Those birds are nasty and stink!

Having a sign with written instructions is really useless. 90% of people (that's a generous estimate), do not read the instructions. They are clearly posted right in front of them and they still don't read, and then get mad at us when their order is not ready. *sigh*

At the oddest times useless information just pops into my head. Most of the time it is information from high school days that I found useless then and really consider it more useless now. Last night it was The Raven. (this is for you Mrs. Barker!) "Once upon a midnight dreary, as I pondered weak and weary, Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore, While I nodded nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, As if someone was gently rapping, rapping on my chamber door."  And looking at table salt and NaCl pops into my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment