Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why am I blogging?

For 13 years I have lived inside a bubble, maybe longer than that. This bubble was my world and it is/was what I knew and I was content in my bubble world, until recently. Maybe not so recently. I think I have been restless for a long time. Franks illness and passing burst this bubble world and has taken me into a place I had forgotten existed, the real world. There were things going on in my bubble world that I was not even aware of. Maybe I was living in a bubble in a bubble, and I apologize for that. I lived in a small isolated bubble world. The bubble world as I knew it is gone and I am now in a vast real world of real possibilities. I think the real world is a scary place for people of all ages, but for a 43 year old mother of 4 (soon to be grandmother), it is down right terrifying. In the last 2 1/2 years I have learned that I am strong and I can get through just about anything that is thrown at me. That does not mean I want to, but I know I can handle it if need be. My first step into this new world was to go back to school. I started taking online courses in Sept of 2009. I should, crossing fingers, have my associates degree by next December. My major is HIT, Health Information Technology. It has been and continues to be a lot of fun. Fun was not a word I used to describe school and homework 25 years ago. Well, I had fun in school but it was not because of the class work. LOL Now I am older (cough) and I hope wise, and I am really enjoying myself. I have also re-joined the workforce, recently. It took a year of applications and interviews to finally get something. My quest was getting depressing. No one wanted to give me a chance, telling me I did not have enough work experience. Taking care of 4 sons and a husband is consider "not enough work experience". I challenge any of those people to juggle a household of six and then tell me how much work it is. I think I am plenty experienced in multitasking, budgeting both time and money, taxi service, cooking, cleaning, law/rule enforcement, conflict  resolvability, teaching, nursing, cheer leading, laundry service, along with several more I cannot think of at this moment. So, after many tears and sleepless nights I finally found someone that would give me a chance to exhibit my skills. (Thank you Dedra!) I am currently working at the HEB Photo Lab. It is something new and interesting. I think I am doing a good job and learning quickly. I hope the bosses think so too. All these new open doors is the reason I have started this new blog. Through the job, especially, I am seeing just how diverse the world is and the people in it. Not only do I get to see into the lives of others through their eyes and through their pictures but I get to see, in person, the many characters that walk this world with me. I will be posting my observations, opinions, and yes, sometimes rants about the things I see. I will not post names, so any resemblance to persons real or imagined, oh well. Look in the mirror. I was going to say names will be omitted to protect the innocent, but I have learned there are very few "innocent" adults out there. I am not being cynical or pessimistic, just honest. I, myself am not innocent. Take that however you would like. I will say, this is not meant to offend anyone, and if anything I post does offend, I apologize. It is just my observations and humor (or attempt at humor). I find a lot of things highly amusing and I like to entertain people, mostly myself. I do find ME highly entertaining. I may be the only person I entertain with this blog, and that will be fine. There are times when my sense of humor is rather dark. You have been warned! Consider this first post a disclaimer of sorts.....and there is always......you don't have to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment